Maria Ross is the Creator and Chief Brand Strategist at Red-Slice where she helps entrepreneurs tell their stories and position themselves uniquely in the market.
Although she prides herself on helping her clients tell great stories, few of them can compare to hers. In 2008, her life was storybook perfect — great husband, successful company, cute dog. Until the unthinkable…she suffered a brain aneurysm.
Watch my video interview with Maria to learn more about her amazing story and see what she’s up to today.
Here are some actionable highlights from this Video Interview:
- When building your network think about building relationships, not simple connections.
- Networking is a quality game, not a quantity game. [see previous interview with Sandy Jones-Kaminski - great networking tips]
- Focus is key to branding – you can’t be everything to all people. Choose your niche and focus.
- Be Authentic, embrace who you are and play to your strengths. [Learn more about being authentic from Mayi Carles]
- Practice patience – set your goals and make progress toward those goals. Celebrate the small wins.
- Learn to say NO – if you say no to the wrong things, you can say YES to the right things.
- Find the ideal customer you want to work with and focus your time, energy and marketing efforts on that niche. You can’t boil the ocean – so narrow down.
About guest Maria Ross
Maria helps companies discover the features that make them completely irresistible…and then translates those qualities into strategies that stick.
Prior to creating Red Slice, she crafted branding and marketing strategies for Silicon Valley start-ups, global software firms, Internet companies, entertainment powerhouses and consumer businesses — including Business Objects (an SAP company), Discovery Networks and Monster.com — and created communication and training strategies for Fortune 1000 clients at Accenture.