Ann Handley is the Chief Content Officer at MarketingProfs. She’s a speaker, author, and if content is king – she’s queen. She’s a 13-year veteran of creating and managing digital content to build relationships for organizations and individuals.
We’re talking content creation, multiple personalities (you’ll need to tune in to learn more), story telling, branding building and the truth around why most business blogs are boring.
Watch my video interview with Ann to learn more about her story and what she’s up to today.
Here are some actionable highlights from this Video Interview:
- Tip#1 – Figure out who you’re selling to – who is your specific client. Have a visual in your head of who they are. [learn more about Brand Visualization - it's a must see]
- Tip #2 – Find their pain point – what are their problems, what content can you help them with.
- Tip #3 – It’s not about your or your product – it’s about who your selling to and what their problems are.
- Tip #4 – The key to good content is making the customer the hero of your story – it’s what you can do for them. This tip will help you create customer focused content.
- Tip #5 – Useful and fun is important when creating content. Show your human side – people want to do business with people. [see how to incorporate Story Telling into your marketing]
- Tip #6 – Don’t consider content creation a task – it’s an OPPORTUNITY to connect with.
- Tip #7 – Just start – this is the first step to finding your voice and greatness
About guest Ann Handley
Ann Handley is a veteran of creating and managing digital content to build relationships for organizations and individuals. Ann is co-author of the best-selling Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business.