Melissa Stauffer (Missy) loved her “day job” of being a stay at home mom, but her passion to pursue her career and a need for supplemental income lead her down the path of entrepreneurship.
Missy started her company ISimplify Virtual Assistant after her mom saw a news report about people who were working virtually. After doing a bit of research on sites such as guru.com and elance.com she found her first client and the rest is history.
Missy and her team have helped both small and mid-sized companies administrative tasks, accounting and book keeping, employee screening and technical and website duties.
Here are some highlights from our CHAT:
- How Missy went from finding her first client to being a successful women entrepreneur
- Her thoughts on the untapped pool of smart women that stay home with their children
- How she learned by doing and grew her business organically
- Her biggest fear when starting her business and how she managed that fear
- How she manages to homeschool her son and run a successful business
- The role that technology plays in her small business
ABOUT MELISSA STAUFFER
Missy Stauffer is the owner of ISimplify Virtual Assistant a full service VA firm that specializes in small and mid-sized businesses, including website development. You can follow Missy on Facebook at isimplify…. and on Twitter at @isimplifyva